Sunday, January 26, 2014

Is there a big difference between these LCD monitors?

best pc monitor for console gaming
 on Harper's New Monthly Magazine, Volume 76: Anonymous: 9781175148247 ...
best pc monitor for console gaming image



Andrew


My current monitor has these specs:

5ms
60hz

The monitor I want to buy has these specs:

2ms
75hz

In short, some of my PS3 games lag on my current monitor. I use my PC monitor for my console because I don't want to spend the money on a good TV. Would having a lower response time make the gameplay lag less?



Answer
5ms shouldn't be enough to cause serious input lag. My TV has a 6ms response time I think and it's fine.

2ms would be better but you probably wouldn't notice it. Remember the 1ms is 1/1000 of a second.

75Hz wouldn't make a difference because game consoles output 60Hz.

Is there any way to use a PC Monitor (perhaps an advanced one) to play console video games?




Chuka


.....i.e. playing PS3 on a PC Monitor instead of a TV? Any specific types of monitors that allow this?


Answer
Yes, you do need a specific type of monitor to play the PS3 on.

The PS3 works best with HDMI-equipped 1080p monitors.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a big difference between these LCD monitors?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment