Monday, October 14, 2013

Does the Alienware X51 work on a regular computer moniter?

best gaming computer case 2013
 on cases are the most popular and most widely used mid tower cases ...
best gaming computer case 2013 image



BullsFTW


I've been looking to start saving for the Alienware X51 as a gaming pc and there's a bunch of stuff everywhere about using it in your living room. Can you just use it on a regular computer monitor like you would with an Acer computer or something? If not, what are some other gaming pc's that can run CoD and BF games. Or, what are some pc's that you recommend more than the X51. I would not want to go much over the $1000 US dollar range, so keep it around there. Also, I want to run dual monitors, one for gaming and one for web browsing and stuff. Thanks to any answers :D
Also, if you suggest something else, I would want an i7 processor, a good Nividia graphics card, and a really good amount of memory so I never have to worry about running out. Thanks again to anyone who answers :D



Answer
You can connect it to anything which has a compatible connection. Does the laptop have HDMI? then you can connect to an HDMI tv or monitor. The same for DVI, Analog, or Display Port.

However, if you want your machine sooner than later and would prefer not to over pay, please read on:
Take a look at these rankings:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-notebook-brands-2013/3

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landing_pages/ideapad/gaming-pcs
http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Gaming_Products/

Lenovo, Asus, HP, and Samsung are the top 4 laptop brands. I wouldn't consider any other brands.

Dell makes Alienware and they are not worth the money charged.
Acer makes Gateway. You'd have to pay me to use one of their machines.
Sony hardware has generally been good, but they are notorious for putting huge amounts of crapware/bloatware on machines and gathering information on their consumers without their knowledge or permission.
Toshiba has bottomed the rankings. Personally, I have used them and never had a problem, but that does not appear to be the case any more.

What is the highest quality, used laptop I can buy for $500?




Soliel


I am a junior in a college-based high school and I desperately need a new laptop. However, I don't know much about computers, and I need help in determining which one would be best for me. My budget is $500, but I don't want to purchase a new computer. I would rather spend some time on Craigslist, Amazon, or Ebay, and find a high-quality, used computer---even if it is an older model---for a great deal. Don't underestimate the great deals you can find, either. Sometimes you can find items for 40% or more under their company's selling price.

This isn't a necessity, of course, but I do appreciate style. Macbooks are beautiful, and there are models from 2008-2009 on sale within my budget, but I have heard too many bad things about them to risk purchasing one. One thing that I really love about them, however, is how they are made. I want a computer that isn't plastic or cheaply made. This is very important, because the computer I have now is completely plastic, and as a result, falling to pieces. Not to mention, it doesn't look very nice. The computer I am looking to buy right now I hope will last at least three years. Ideally, I want a computer that will work for three years as well as not be outdated in three years. I also want decent speakers and graphics. I'm not a gamer, but I love gaming computers. They have large storage, great visuals, and impressive sound capabilities. This is my ideal, but I understand if there isn't a computer within my budget that could reach that standard. Basically, I want a laptop that can provide the basics I need for school (just able to run the Microsoft programs, good for wi-fi, webcam), can provide extra entertainment features, and will last for a while.

If you can, please recommend what laptop you think I could possibly find within my budget that would be best suited for my wants and needs. Also, if you have a computer in mind that fits my specifications but isn't in my budget, list it anyway. I'm telling you, there are great deals out there.



Answer
Take a look at these rankings:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-notebook-brands-2013/3

Lenovo, Asus, HP, and Samsung are the top 4 laptop brands. I wouldn't consider any other brands.

In my experience, two of the most dependable lines of machines are the Lenovo Thnkpads and the HP EliteBook. These are both business class machines. Business class machines are typically more solidly built than their consumer counterparts. The reason? A business would rather pay and extra $150 - $200 for a machine they KNOW won't break down and even if it does, the business class support is usually next business day repairs. The reason is that if a business laptop goes down on someone, they could easily be out a couple hundred dollars per day that it is down along with the possibility of losing business. Consumer machines are typically not being used for mission critical activities and if they are down for a week or so, no big deal. As far as I can tell, the Samsung Series 7 and Series 9 machines are also business class hardware.

Dell makes Alienware and they are not worth the money charged.

Acer makes Gateway. You'd have to pay me to use one of their machines.

Sony hardware has generally been good, but they are notorious for putting huge amounts of crapware/bloatware on machines and gathering information on their consumers without their knowledge or permission.

Toshiba has bottomed the rankings. Personally, I have used them and never had a problem, but that does not appear to be the case any more.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does the Alienware X51 work on a regular computer moniter?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment