Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Whats the best display preference for gaming on an Xbox 360?

gaming monitor vs hdtv
 on HDMI - Mashpedia, the Real-Time Encyclopedia
gaming monitor vs hdtv image



DJ Houston


What do you guys think would be better? Playing your Xbox 360 via LCD Monitor? Or something larger like a tv? I know it sounds like a pretty stupid question to ask but just want a little bit of personal opinions from people.

And yea, with either VGA or HDMI inputs. Plus i'm including Input Lag into the topic
Ex: (rate to which how fast and accuracy u can aim with FPS games)



Answer
It's an interesting question although I honestly don't believe display lag is an issue - that's more of an issue with WiFi versus hardwire ethernet cable.

I have two boxes at home and definetely prefer the ex-large HDTV for solo campaign gaming BUT the smaller HDTV for FPS because I sit at the edge of the bed - few feet from the set.

Therefore, I suppose using a laptop display with my head even closer could work in a close quarters shooter but not so well in any large scale environment such as HALO VS or GEARS horde.

G L

Should i buy an lcd hdtv or lcd computer monitor?




Vanik


I want a small screen for my room so i can game on it (ps3 and laptop games). I dont want to spend over 200 and i want at least 19". What are the pros and cons of a lcd tv vs lcd monitor (i can get a larger moniter for cheaper)?


Answer
The main difference between the two is connection types. The LCD TV will have more TV related connection formats (Component, Composite, S-Video, Stereo RCA, etc.) and built in speakers. The LCD Monitor will have more Computer related connection formats (VGA, DVI, etc.). But if both have HDMI, then you're likely able to use either equally.

But the speakers could become an issue. The PS3 is going to send out audio via HDMI. And as is my understanding, its not going to give you audio via anything else at that point. So if you go HDMI into a Computer Monitor with no speakers, your PS3 has no sound. So you would need a Computer Monitor which has an audio output port that you can hook up speakers to. Many have them, but its just something you need to make sure of.

In smaller sets, a Computer Monitor is more likely to actually have a higher resolution. A smaller 720p TV is likely 1024x768 or something like that. But you can get smaller computer monitors that are more in 1440 or such type resolutions. So for the computing related things, that might be an advantage to have.

If you can find a Monitor with audio out for speakers, I think that might be the best bet. I would look at Dell or Samsung myself, but I guess everyone has their own preferences with monitors.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Whats the best display preference for gaming on an Xbox 360?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment