Friday, October 18, 2013

How can I use dual monitors with one monitor running a game?

gaming monitor for 360
 on Gaming&Room Setup Of 2013 - Ultimate Gaming Setup - 3DTV - XBOX - MORE ...
gaming monitor for 360 image



Charlie


Is there a way to run a full screen application such as a game on one monitor and be able to utilize all my other applications such as my web browser on the other monitor simultaneously?

My goal is to be able to browse the internet on one monitor and run a full screen game on the other monitor without interrupting the game

The only way I'm aware this can be done is through alt tabbing away and that pauses the game or even pulls it out of full screen mode entirely which then has to be reactivated.

I realize that the active window (which in my case is a full screen game) will always be utilizing the keyboard and mouse while running, so there wouldn't be any cursor with which to use on my second monitor.

Now with my specific configuration, any game running on the other monitor (which is a television) will be using an Xbox 360 controller only. With that in mind, does anyone know of a way to assign the controller to the full screen game (monitor 1) while the keyboard and mouse are assigned to the the other display (monitor 2)? I've tried a number of things to make this work but switching to any other application instantly pauses, minimizes, or pulls out of full screen mode the game. My computer is running Windows 8.

Thanks for any advice.



Answer
You can switch the game to windowed mode, and Put it on the side. There should be an option for that.

Should I get a gaming monitor or a HDTV for my XBOX 360?




Ben


I've been using an SDTV 32 inch since my first console and I've been thinking about the quality and how fast consoles are turning to HD. Would it be worth those hundreds of pounds for a gaming monitor or HDTV, and if so, which one should I get?


Answer
Most of the HDTVs run at only 60hz frame rate no matter what the source. Gaming monitors might do better. But you won't get TV channels on them without a tuner box.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I use dual monitors with one monitor running a game?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment