Saturday, October 19, 2013

How to find a gaming monitor?

gaming monitor glasses
 on Gaming Monitor Glasses Eyeglass Gunnar Optiks Yellow Screen | eBay
gaming monitor glasses image



jennifer


I am looking to buy a monitor that has at least 100hz refresh rate (for 3d glasses). I am finding it hard to even find that stat on most monitors on the shopping websites. What is a good place to look? Do you know of any monitors that meet that requirement?

Thank You



Answer
ebay is good

What's the difference between the LCD and the old ones monitor?How fast does the computer spoil our eyes?




Domino


I would like to know the difference between the LCD monitor and the old ones,then i'm wondering if my eyes will be spoiled by computer cause i spend sometimes in computers,if so how fast can it spoil my eyes??


Answer
Flatscreens and LCDs certainly do provide a clearer picture, and I do prefer to use them over CRTs except when using my 3D goggles which only work on CRT monitors. If you plan on watching a lot of movies or playing games on your computer, then an LCD is worthwhile, purely for the quality of picture.

Generally, computer use will NOT affect your eyes. I've been staring into a computer screen for the better part of hmm... about 700,000 hours over 12 years. Probably a lot more, definitely not any less.

Most of that screen time was spent in front of CRT monitors. I only started to experience problems with reading about 2 years ago. My optomitrist says this was more due to having a lazy eye as a child that wasn't picked up. I now use glasses for reading books but can get by fine without them normally. If it were true that my eyesight had been affected by CRT use, then I would expect my dominant eye to be just as, or more, troubled as my non-dominant eye. However I still maintain perfect vision in that dominant eye, even though I use both to look at a screen. Eye problems run in my family, so all things considered, I don't think there's much of a correlation.

I know people who've spent just as long in front of computers as I have and they can see perfectly, if not better than most. Skin is also unaffected, but can get a bit blotchy if you stay up all night on the computer... as it will if you stay up all night doing anything else.
The other thing that makes me suspicious of CRTs causing eye problems is that when you use a computer your eyes get a good work out, reading small print, large print, looking here looking there.

If you're concerned about eye strain, try turning down the glare on your monitor (brightness or gamma) and switch to a less goudy colour scheme (ie no bold reds and contrasting greens). If you are further concerned, try doing simple eye exercises such as focusing on your finger close in and then far out, with each eye, one at a time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to find a gaming monitor?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment