Sunday, October 27, 2013

How do I build my own gaming computer?

building the best gaming computer guide
 on ve always wanted to your very own custom gaming PC,
building the best gaming computer guide image



Alex


I really just want my computer to play a few strategy games like Total War and for school and web browsing. That is basically it. I have the time to build my own gaming computer but I am not that computer savvy. Can somebody help me with what I need for this and how much it will cost me.

PS. I am 16 and I have a minimum wage part time job, so try to help me out the most you can without making me go bankrupt please.



Answer
Building a computer to your liking can't be answered completely here. The first step is by doing some research. Use your search engine of your choice and you find a huge amount of guides on the net.

I'll give you a quick run down....

PARTS...
- Motherboard
-CPU
-RAM
-Hard Drive
- Optical Drive
- Graphics Card
- Case
- Power supply
- Operating System.

--- You will want to research each part and Find out what you want. For example. The CPU...Do you want to go with Intel or AMD....I recommend AMD for a budget friendly CPU. Once you pick your CPU you can go from there picking the rest. You may want more parts extra hard drives or cables so my list is just a STARTING point not everything you will want. Good luck =)).

What are some good specs i should use to build my own gaming computer for as cheap as possible?







I am looking to build my own gaming computer but I don't know very much about computer building so I was wondering if anyone could give me some good specs to work with on a budget?

Thanks for any help



Answer
This depends on your budget...

Some good parts...
CPU:
- Intel Core i5 2500K is the best bang for buck, especially if you overclock.
- Intel Core i3 2100 is a good budget option but you cannot overclock for extra performance.
- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition is another good budget option, which you can overclock.

Motherboard:
- This depends on your CPU.
- AM3+ board for AMD, 1155 for Intel.
- Stick to brands Gigabyte, ASRock, ASUS, MSI for generally good boards
- See how much back ports, expansion slots, Crossfire/SLI support and determine if you need them.
- Get an ATX board (MATX boards are smaller and cheaper, usually not as good)
- Don't bother with excessive boards like the Rampage, Assassin, Sabertooth (unless you have a high budget)

Memory:
- Brands: G.Skill, Corsair, Mushkin, Kingston
- Do not get the ValueRAM/ValueSelect (or similar) ones.
- DDR3 1600MHz 2x4GB (8GB) is the sweet spot atm.

Case:
- Your choice
- Look at reviews on the net about them.

Power Supply:
- Check with a power supply calculator (google it), round up to nearest available wattage power supply there is.
- Brands: Enermax, Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone.
- Do not skimp on this. You don't want to blow up your new computer because you got a cheap one, do you?

DVD:
- Anyone that is cheap is good. Bluray drives are more expensive.

Hard Drive:
- Check the price/GB
- Prices have gone up due to Thailand floods
- 3.5" 7200rpm, from Seagate, Samsung, Western Digital is a good idea.

Solid State Drive:
- Optional
- Decreases boot time, opening applications, loading stuff.
- Expensive
- Go for a 60-120GB model if you want this.

Graphics Card:
- Determine what games you play
- Check their website for the recommended (screw minimum) requirements.
- Check TomsHardware for their graphics card of the month articles.
- Pick one that suits your budget range.

Building a computer isn't too hard, plenty of guides in the internet.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I build my own gaming computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment