Thursday, October 17, 2013

Is there a gaming console Audio/Video jacks adapter for computer monitors?

best 27 inch pc gaming monitor
 on Amazon.com : Designer D2-Pad 9-Inch Android 4.0 Internet Tablet ...
best 27 inch pc gaming monitor image



James


I ask because I bought a new computer and a 20inch widescreen LCD monitor. I wonder if I could buy and adapter and use my old 27 inch to just watch television while my new monitor can play 360 games. I bought the computer and monitor to mainly play PC games, but it would be nice to play my console games on a better screen.


Answer
what connections do you have on your monitors? out of VGA DVI HDMI

VGA is 15 pin trapazoid. looks like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

DVI looks like these
http://www.ezshopfun.com/index.php?cPath=214

hdmi looks like this
http://www.playstation3hdmicable.com/

simple adapters for $10 or so exist for vga to dvi adaptation, and that is Video only, no audio.
for audio you'll need 3.5mm to whatever you want to plug into. 3.5mm for speakers, maybe rca for a home stereo.

hdmi -> dvi is possible with only video
dvi -> hdmi is possible with only video
straight hdmi will get you video and audio

I don't quite understand the question, but for TV viewing on a monitor i recommend a pci tv tuner card. otherwise an adapter for rca to vga exist...there expensive and not very good

Could i hook up a pc to my mac through the mini display port?




Caleb


I currently have a 27 inch iMac and in the near future i am going to possibly build a gaming pc because as we all know mac was not made to game. I want to hook up my pc to the mac screen and use it as the monitor for the pc. Could I do this with the mini display port using the hdmi adaptor? Or can i even do this?


Answer
No you cannot, the mini display port is for hooking up an external or secondary monitor to your Mac.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a gaming console Audio/Video jacks adapter for computer monitors?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment