Thursday, October 17, 2013

Is it a good idea to use a computer monitor as a TV or vice versa?

best large monitor for pc gaming
 on usb gadgets pc gifts mouse keyboard camera webcam laptop monitor ...
best large monitor for pc gaming image



Dark


I have a very nice computer that I use to record TV shows, do some video editing, etc. I need a new TV and was in the market for one when this thought struck me: should I just buy a 30 inch or larger monitor and use THAT as my TV or should I invest in a nice TV and use THAT as my monitor? What would be the pros and cons of both ideas? Has anyone else done this? What was your experience?


Answer
I reccomend a tv as a monitor, for 500 you can get one of these have one vizio e series in the house and are getting one for pc gaming in my room, i recommend http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-E420i-A1-42-1080p-120Hz-LED-3.15-ultra-slim-HDTV-with-Built-in-WiFi/21989094, and a monitor as tv isnt a good idea at all, you will need a lot of equipment to do so.

What graphic card will I need to connect my pc to my 46" tv?




John M


So, I'm thinking of building a gaming pc, and I will be using this pc on my 46" hdtv, and I was wondering if it would need more gpu power to run a large screen. I'm building this pc specifically for gaming, so performance is an important factor. Will I need to run dual graphic cards to compensate for the large screen size? Please recommend some good graphic cards that I can use. Thanks !


Answer
No specific graphics card is needed because the VGA output (Blue Plug with lots ofholes) is upported by most televisions built in past 6 years. Jus connect it up and the TV should become the computer monitor and re adjust, any body who states that you need different is wrong, also the VGA slot provides an early HD resolution.

If you look into getting a graphics card in the future or your TV has no VGA slot you can buy graphics cards for about £75 with HDMI slots and other outputs, but the resolution with be basically the same as VGA.

As an extra bit of info, do not buy the VGA cables from a retail shop, they cost to much (£20), on eBay you can get a 2m one for about £4

Hope this helps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it a good idea to use a computer monitor as a TV or vice versa?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment