Friday, December 27, 2013

Advice needed regarding taking a laptop from the UK to Pakistan, Islamabad?

gaming monitor advice
 on Acer G246HLBbid (Article no. 90477472) - Monitors - computeruniverse
gaming monitor advice image



Zak K


I'm planning on taking my laptop to Pakistan whilst I'm there on holiday. Can anyone give me advice of the pitfalls, it's common knowledge that the folks in the Islamabad customs are con artists. But as far as official law goes is there anything preventing me from taking my laptop with me?

Any advice is highly appreciated, best answer obviously gets 10 points.

Thanks in advance.



Answer
Yes you can bring in a computer duty free,take a look at these rules:

SUB-CHAPTER 2
CONCESSIONS TO PASSENGERS/TOURIST WITH LESS THAN
SIX MONTHS STAY

12. The following allowances shall be allowed to passengers with less than six months stay, namely:-
(A) Duty Free Personal Allowance:
(a) Personal allowances as defined in sub-clause (d) of rule 5 in sub-chapter 1;
(b) a gift allowance to import goods of the value not exceeding three hundred US dollars;
(c) one personal computer or laptop computer along with printers, monitors, key boards, mouse and cables thereof;
(d) One mobile phone and one watch;
(e) One tape recorder or radio;
(f) Games or sporting requisites in actual use;
(g) Foodstuffs including confectionary and non-spirituous beverages of value not exceeding five US dollars; and
(h) Goods (tabarrakat) of the value not exceeding one hundred US dollars.

how to run a fullscreen game with extended desktop and multitask on other screen?




Alex W


I'd like to run fullscreen games with the extended desktop on my HDTV, but be able to use my main screen at the same time. But when i click on anything that is open on my main screen, my game minimizes. Is there a way to stop this?

The game will does not offer a windowed mode.



Answer
Nopr, my bro has 2 monitors and same thing happens to him. You need 2 separate computers in order to do that. Don't take my advice yet, wait for more people to answer, i might be wrong.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Advice needed regarding taking a laptop from the UK to Pakistan, Islamabad?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment