Friday, December 13, 2013

How to choose the right LCD monitor for gaming?

gaming monitor $300
 on Monitores de estudio M1Active 520 USB de Alesis | Ubergizmo ES
gaming monitor $300 image



A Person.


I am going to be using the LCD monitor with my Xbox 360 and I am having difficulties on what I should look for.

I can't seem to figure out what specs I am looking for. Can anyone tell me about which contrast ratio, vertical/ horizontal refresh rates, resolution, and brightness I should look for on an LCD monitor?

Also would it be better with HDMI or no? If possible can you also list a few monitors you would recommend?



Answer
HDMI is good, but expensive. DVI will give you the same result for a lot less.

Refresh rates are going to be about the same for every brand. However, some top of the line have 240 Hz rates - very good.

Resolution: 1920x1200 is HD widescreen.

Contrast of 1000:1 or better.

Response: 5 ms or less

Dot Pitch: 0.28 or less

Brightness: 300 cd at a bare minimum, get the highest.

What new games support multiple monitors?




Zorak


Wondering if any newer games can do this. I just bought a geforce 9400gt and looking to see what its capable of in regards to multi monitor gaming. Any links to mods or customization software would be much appreciated also.
I should mention that by support I mean displaying the game on both monitors with different custom views.



Answer
Alright dude im gonna start off and say that no game is gonna support more than one monitor with that old card. Alright simply the more monitors the more GPU power is needed in order to display that resolution. Now in turn the problem is the card itself a 9400 is weak like extremely weak. Now my suggestion sense your looking for resolutions that only few cards can produce a GT-280 will do it, a GT-260 but both are 300$ and 450$ cards. Anything from the 9 series today with the exception of the 9800 GTX and 9800 GX2 are not gonna comit to multiple displays. Myself im running a GT-280s in SLI a pair of them and running two monitors at 1920X1080 each is taxing on my cards they get hot. And a single 9400 which is old is not gonna do the job sorry dude invest if you want better graphics




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to choose the right LCD monitor for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment