Monday, December 30, 2013

What is the best 120hz monitor for gaming and movies?

gaming monitor alienware
 on Geek.coms Best of CES 2008 | Mobile | Geek.com
gaming monitor alienware image



Morgan


I currently own an LG 1080p computer monitor, but stupidly forgot to check how many hz it had before purchasing.

I read 120hz is ideal for blu rays and movies and I'm pretty tired of buying the wrong stuff.

Any suggestions for the BEST 120hz capable computer monitor? (with HDMI ports of course)



Answer
Acer GD235Hz or Alienware Opt X AW2310. these 2 are the 2nd generation of 120hz monitors.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/3D-Monitor-Acer-Alienware,review-1506-3.html

What is the best laptop for college and gaming?




Ali


The question doesn't need many more details but I'll try.

The only game I would really play on it would be League of Legends so a computer that can handle that on normal settings would be a dream. (I currently barely get 60 on the lowest available.)

I plan on majoring in linguistics so I don't think I'll need anything fancy for that. I could be wrong. I've heard, that with some majors you need to be capable of doing other things aside from Microsoft Word.

I'm currently a senior and will not be starting college until next fall so I have plenty of time to save but I would prefer not to spend over a grand.

I don't intend on building my own laptop so if you could refrain from suggesting that I would appreciate it. I'm aware it is cheaper in the long run but I would rather wait awhile and build a saaawwweeeeet desktop. :D



Answer
I actually recommend people not to build their own computers on their own, unless they know what they are doing.. I stopped building my own computers since 2006 because buying a computer from a known brand is a money well spent..
Unless you are a fan of apple computers, I would recommend Alienware laptops.. Alienware is a subsidiary hardware computer company of Dell Inc. They pride themselves to be among the top authority in gaming laptops which it would explain the high price tag for their computers..

They seem to collect the best of the best components in the market (Dell monitors, NVIDIA graphic cards, IBX casing from Taiwan.. etc.) and they display those components online on their site Http://Alienware.com/ .. and if you don't like their standard build, you can upgrade the components (the important ones at least) individually by a click of the mouse in their pages..
The starting price is about 1200 US dollars for a laptop, and you can add or upgrade the components with the updated price at the bottom..

For college, I advise you against laptops, especially if you stay in a hostel where people go in and out.. a lot of laptop theft occurred during my days.. and in my experience, those wire-locks that you can attach a laptop to a heavy furniture, doesn't really work, as wire cutters now gets more sophisticated and smaller..

Nah.. I would advise you to have a desktop computer because they are cheaper (Alienware prices starts at 700 US) and they are harder to sneak them out of the room, if you are a thief..

Maybe an ipad should you wish to bring something around..
The truth to be told, you only need a notepad in a class..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best 120hz monitor for gaming and movies?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment