Monday, December 16, 2013

What would you recommend for a fantastic Gaming Computer?

gaming monitor for sale
 on Acer Predator G24 Gaming Monitor Php2000 - Secondhand For Sale ...
gaming monitor for sale image



Jordan G


My budget would be $1500 to $1600. I am planning on getting one custom built. So I'm looking for part recommendations, monitor recommendations, etc...

-Currently I want to play Warhammer Online at max settings.
-I would like a computer that will be able to handle any games (Particularly MMO's) that will come out in the foreseeable future perfectly.

Thank you so much for your help! Simply put I want a kick a$$ computer that will laugh at anything thrown at (within my budget lol). Thanks!



Answer
If you want Kick A@SS, then look at the new Intel i7 CPU and and an ASUS Rampage II extreme motherboard:

Motherboard:

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2619&l1=3&l2=179&l3=815&l4=0

This is one honkin' mobo! Expensive! Around $450 but you get EVERYTHING.

CPU:

http://www.intel.com/consumer/game/index.htm?iid=gg_play+home_game

This takes you to the Intel Gamer site, but the most cost effective CPU right now is the i7 920 for around $330.

The motherboard can run EITHER SLI or Crossfire which means you can go nVidia OR ATI, at your pleasure. I would recommend ATI's Radeon HD 4850 card @ $179 each which is far more cost effective than the nVidia GTX 280 or GTX 295 cards which are over twice as expensive each. This way, you get great game play at a VERY effective cost. If you want, you can up the ante a little bit and got with Radeon HD 4870 in Crossfire mode, each card is about $330.

I would just rely on standard motherboard sound, but if you just have to have it, buy a XI-FI card. I think its a waste myself, but that is my opinion.

This motherboard takes up to 24 Gigs of RAM, so if you wanted to be very hot, you could go 12 Gigs (two Tri-channel pairs) for 12 Gigs of RAM. Make sure you read the specs carefully to understand which memory is best. You might want to download the motherboard manual before making any decisions, and look up the latest BIOS update and see what problems the board has been patched for. Of course it will be the problem of the person who puts it together for you to get it all working right.

I would also look at getting a couple of Western Digital Velociraptor 10,000 RPM hard disks.

I would go with an ANTEC or Corsair PSU, at least 800 Watts and make sure that the PSU is SLI or Crossfire CERTIFIED!

Finally, I think a CD/DVD +/- Writer, I prefer Pioneer brand myself, very steady, never had one burn out on me - and or LiteON, is the other one I like.

Take a look at the NEW, ANTEC 900 II, for a case.

And you can get a 24" LCD now for as low as $259 - Isaw one the other day in my local newspaper at Fry's on sale for $259 - do not know the brand.

You might have to increase your budget a smidge to fit all this in, but if you want that kick ass computer, this is what you will decide to do.

can anyone suggest me a good gaming desktop build with all the parts?




Houmam


i m having a budget of 150,000 rs or 2500 $ and i want to play all the games on full settings with a good fps. i personally prefer the gtx 690 so if someone can tell me a configuration including that it would be great.
pls give reasons also for your answer. and for every part.



Answer
The GTX 690 is overpriced, but it is a very nice GPU and if you have the dough, why not. You can easily connect 3 DVI monitors to it with no special adapters, it scales well (due in part to the vram) and powerful to run games at high resolutions w/more than one monitor. I've built using that for a customer. Here's what I recommend, that will keep your price w/in budget and ensure your getting the most out of your parts. I'm not providing links, that's the fun in building a PC - as mentioned to scour for yourself:

-mobo Z77 (must have SLI - i.e. go with Asus maximus-V or Asrock z77 extreme 9 or MSI Mpower) z77) You want the z77 chipset because of the PCIE 3.0 for your videocard since GTX690 is pcie3.0, you'll be able to garner the increased bandwidth. You want SLI so in the future when GTX690 comes down, you can SLI for rediculously fast quad (2x gtx690s = quad SLI using only 2 PCIE slots).

-CPU- i7-3770K - ivy bridge. Stick w/ivy bridge as those have the built in PCIe 3.0 controller (mobo, video card and cpu must have this in order to utilize pcie 3.0). the k-version (unlocked multiplier)allows you to overclock better than an non-k

- RAM, DDR3 1600Mhz is fine, go with 2x 8GB sticks of RAM for a total of 16GB, so that you can upgrade in the future w/out having to swap out the ram. I like g.skill, kingston and corsair as my go to ram, whichever is on sale.

- SSD - makes a difference, ensure you get a Sata III ssd to utilize 6GB/s, the good ones off top of my head are the OCZ vertex 4 or Samsung 840. Bigger is better, but you want to install your windows on there (go no lower than 120GB).

-PSU - 1000w minimum (to ensure you can SLI GTX 690). I prefer Seasonic, they sell a 1050W for ~$200, Antec and Corsair are also fine choices. Get 80 gold or 80 platinum rated at a minimum (you want quality power going to your PC).

- CASE - If I could buy one today, I'd go with the Coolermaster storm 2 or Corsair C70. You want to ensure whatever case you get, it has a USB 3.0 header connection, since the motherboards mentioned have that connection on them. Stay away form USB 3.0 pass-through (a wire from front of case that you have to route to an avialable usb 3.0 port on the back).

Overall, you'll be mighty impressed with your PC with this configuration, or if you have an extra grand to throw in, you could go the intel X79 route, but at that point you're not getting the best bang for your buck, just bragging rights. As it stands the 690 is indeed a "bragging rights" type of card and as others mentioned overkill for the average user, although wow it is a thing of beauty.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What would you recommend for a fantastic Gaming Computer?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment