Sunday, December 29, 2013

How do I connect my computer to my new big screen TV?

pc gaming monitor or hdtv
 on Harga TV LCD Toshiba | Kisaran Harga Toshiba LCD TV Terbaru | HARGA TV ...
pc gaming monitor or hdtv image



nathaniel_


My new tv is a magnavox, and it is a 32" LCD. I also bought a new computer, and i think it would be cool to be able to play PC games on the bigscreen. also, just regular internet browsing would be nice to do on the big screen as well.


If you can help me at all, thank you very much.
What does the plug on the TV look like? color? shape?



Answer
The only problem in connecting a PC to a TV is the connectors. See below for link to connector types.

http://www.digitalconnection.com/FAQ/HDTV_2.asp

HDMI, DVI, Component and VGA will carry HDTV signals. Composite and S will not.
So, do you have connectors on the TV and PC that match?
In some cases, you can convert from one type to another easily. In other cases, you need a converter.

Many PCs do not have any TV out connector except the VGA connector that normally connects to the monitor. In that case, you may need to add a video board to your PC. Without knowing anything nmore about your PC and TV, this is all I can tell you. email me with your connector data.

What graphic card will I need to connect my pc to my 46" tv?




John M


So, I'm thinking of building a gaming pc, and I will be using this pc on my 46" hdtv, and I was wondering if it would need more gpu power to run a large screen. I'm building this pc specifically for gaming, so performance is an important factor. Will I need to run dual graphic cards to compensate for the large screen size? Please recommend some good graphic cards that I can use. Thanks !


Answer
No specific graphics card is needed because the VGA output (Blue Plug with lots ofholes) is upported by most televisions built in past 6 years. Jus connect it up and the TV should become the computer monitor and re adjust, any body who states that you need different is wrong, also the VGA slot provides an early HD resolution.

If you look into getting a graphics card in the future or your TV has no VGA slot you can buy graphics cards for about £75 with HDMI slots and other outputs, but the resolution with be basically the same as VGA.

As an extra bit of info, do not buy the VGA cables from a retail shop, they cost to much (£20), on eBay you can get a 2m one for about £4

Hope this helps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I connect my computer to my new big screen TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment