Wednesday, December 18, 2013

how to connect xbox 360 to pc to play games on my monitor?

gaming monitor for xbox 360
 on XBOX 360 Wireless Controller (Black)
gaming monitor for xbox 360 image



Temoor


I have the xbox 360 slim, and only component cables. For a computer i have a Dell Inspiron One. It is an all in one computer meaning the computer and monitor are combined.What would i need to connect my xbox to this paticular computer. If i need to buy anything how much would it cost thanks peoples! THIS IS TO PLAY GAMES ON MY MONITOR NOT TO CONNECT TO WIFI...


Answer
you can't, it only has video outs, not video ins, as it would not need to have them as the monitor is the computer. Only if the computer and monitor are separate, which they are not. And if you had a different monitor you wish to use, you would need a Xbox 360 VGA cable.

How do you hook up an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor through hdmi?




me


I have an ASUS monitor with an hdmi port. My Xbox 360 is plugged into the monitor with this hdmi cable, and plugged into the power supply. When I turn on the monitor and the Xbox, the monitor says "out of range". What do I do?
Yes, the Xbox is the only thing plugged into the monitor besides the power cable. The screen reads "out of range" when both the monitor and Xbox are turned on.



Answer
I'm not sure why your monitor is saying "out of range", but I have a couple guesses. One thing I am certain about is "Xbox is putting out component video on it's HDMI port" is not possible. HDMI is a very specific protocol of digital signals, while Component is composed of very incompatible analog signals - any HDMI port putting out a Component signal is HIGHLY DEFECTIVE.
What I think it could be: You didn't mention model # of your Asus, but some have multiple inputs, just like TVs. Are you on the correct one? If that's not it, then -
On the Settings/Setup button/s and on-screen menu, is there a way to change resolution? I couldn't find a reference online to this problem with XBox 360, but several discussions of PS3 "out of range" issues on Asus monitors had to do with game settings of 1920X1200 instead of 1920X1080 - can this be your issue? See if you can pick another setting. Here is one discussion that leads me to these conclusions (see about 2/3 down the page reference to Asus 24"):

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/329054-33-asus-24inch-monitor-range-native-resolution

If none of this fixes your issue, write back with Additional Details of what you did and what results you got, and we'll go from there, OK? Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how to connect xbox 360 to pc to play games on my monitor?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment