Sunday, December 29, 2013

Blue screen and video card crashes?

best gaming monitor june 2012
 on Every summer, SU selects 80 top students from around the world to join ...
best gaming monitor june 2012 image



Darkseven


Good day.

My apologies for the long text below but i wanted to write all that has happened, and that i done. :) and my english is not very good.

I have some problems with my PC. I keep getting blue screen error ( blue screen of death ) when i play games in fullscreen mode, when i listen to music on Youtube and sometimes just by leaving it be ( idle mode ). And i get this error " video card has stopped responding but has recovered" 2 or 3 times a day.

Last year (2012) in June i bought my nVidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB video card. My last one was the nVidia PX9400 GT with 512mb memory. My GTX card worked perfectly with 4 gigs of ram untill late September 2012 right after i updated my v.card driver. I doubt that its the driver doing all this. Since then i keep getting blue screens and video card error. Now i use only 2 gigs of RAM cause with 4 gigs it crashes every 5-10 minutes after i turn it on. This way it keeps going for 2 to 3 hours.

I've asked some friends who have/had this issue. Some told me to test my RAM with memtest program on a bootable cd. Done that 2 times, test came ot 100% OK, i have waited 5-6 hours for it to finish. Some said to switch my v.card with my last one. Did that it went ok at first but then the blue screen again. I've changed my processor, my RAMs, v.card EVERYTHING with one of my friend stuff only with my card in it i get these errors and blue screen.

My PSU (Power Supply Unit ) is a Segotep GP 550 BH so the max output would be 550W. This i beleive is ok for supplying my v.card and my other components. And yes it is connected to my v.card aswell. So it gets the necessary power to run. It's connected with a 6 pin connector.

More details about my computer:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
Memory 2.00 GB ( used to have 4 GB )
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti ( used to have NVIDIA PX9400 GT )

System
--------------------------------------â¦

Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group
Model P4M900-M7 FE
Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit OS Windows 7
Number of processor cores 2

Graphics
--------------------------------------â¦

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
Total available graphics memory 1791 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 767 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.1070
Primary monitor resolution 1360x768
DirectX version 10

--------------------------------------â¦

Please help me with this problem. Many thanks in return.



Answer
This is the first I've come across the Segotep PSU and interestingly, in the 80 Plus certificates, I don't see the Segotep GP 550 BH in the list except for the SG-550 B and it's 450W not 550W. So you actually got less wattage than you thought because if you look at all the others except SG-450B, all the wattage have 100W less than the model numbers denoted so 550 more likely doesn't mean 550W

http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSuppliesDetail.aspx?id=103&type=2

What is wrong with my computer?!!!?

Q. Okay so today I was playing a game on the computer. I put the computer in sleep mode for like 20 mins and then when I went back to the computer I tried to click on one of my desktop icons but every time i clicked on an icon it just kept disappearing until I had no more icons left. The task bar even disappeared! So I had nothing left but my wallpaper and when I did CNTRL-ATL-DELETE to get to my login screen, I got an error message. So i held the computer's power button so it can turn off. When unturned it back on it said "DISK BOOT FAILURE". So I got my dad to put the Windows 7 disk in the computer and the setup screen had came up but my dad said it wasn't working. So he kept reinserting the disk and came to the conclusion that the hard drive went out. Now keep in mind. We just got this computer over the summer in 2012 in like June/ July. He literally built the computer with his hands. Nothing was wrong with it until now. Everything is new except the mouse, keyboard, and monitor. We even upgraded to windows 7 from XP like 3 weeks ago. What is wrong which my desktop computer? If the hard drive did go out will my files still be saved on my computer because I didn't even have a chance to back up anything.



SPECS:
DESKTOP Computer
Windows 7
Built the computer over the summer
GIGABYTE computer
( idk much about the computer but this is all the info I know by heart)


Answer
You answered your own question: the computer won't boot.
So either nuke the hard drive and reinstall Windows 7, since it sounds like something in the OS or a sector got messed up, or replace the hard drive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Blue screen and video card crashes?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment