Sunday, December 29, 2013

Will old PC games look funny on a widescreen monitor?

best pc gaming lcd monitor
 on Through Gaming Computer Desk | Best Gaming Computer Desk Cheap Gaming ...
best pc gaming lcd monitor image



UtopianImp


I'm thinking about buying a widescreen LCD monitor. Now I've noticed that many games have a resolution setting. So what would happen if I'm playing a game which doesn't support the rectangle resolution that widescreen monitors have? Will the picture get all stretched out? I'm assuming that really old PC games that came out before widescreen monitors were around, such as StarCraft or Quake, don't support those kinds of monitors. So will old games look funny on a widescreen monitor?


Answer
Yes they would. There's an option on my LCD monitor that I can show things in original resolution. So for example my monitor supports up to 1280 x 1024, but if I have a game running at 800x600, I can either have it run full screen or original resolution which shows 800x600 in middle of screen with a lot of black around it. If you have that option on your monitor, then you can use it to play games in original resolution without stretching.

The option would be in monitor settings (NOT WINDOWS)

I like to have LCD monitor for PC Games?

Q. Can some one tell me what is the best LCD monitor available for PC games. I play first person shooting games mostly.


Answer
Soyo DYLM26E6 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Display Type: Widescreen LCD


Pixel Pitch: 0.285 mm


Display Colors: 16.7 million


Vertical Refresh Rate: 50 ~ 75Hz


Horizontal Frequency: 30 ~ 80 kHz


Input Video Signal: DVI
VGA


Speakers: 2 x 2 Watt Speakers


Contrast Ratio: 1200:1


Brightness: 500 cd/ã¡


Response Time: 2 ms


Horizontal Viewing Angle: ±176 degrees


Vertical Viewing Angle: ±176 degrees


Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1200


Cabinet Color: Black


Dimensions With Stand: 27.09" x 22.3" x 9.21"


Unit Weight: 19.6 lbs.


Power Consumption: 100W




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will old PC games look funny on a widescreen monitor?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment