Friday, November 29, 2013

23 inch 1080p LCD PC monitor vs (roughly) 35 inch SD T.V. for Xbox 360?

pc gaming monitor vs hdtv
 on Gaming HD Lag Fix On A Vizio | How To Make & Do Everything!
pc gaming monitor vs hdtv image



III_Stutte


I know this may seem like a question with an obvious answer, but bare with me for a sec :P .

I have been gaming on a big'ol SD T.V. for awhile now, and only dreamed of all the magical wonders of what an HDTV would be like. One day, I found out that I could hook up my Xbox 360 to a PC monitor via HDMI to DVI. Since I am planning on building a PC soon anyways, I decided I'd just get the monitor first, so I could take advantage of the HD and use it with my Xbox for the first time. The day the monitor arrived, I was extremely happy. I hooked everything up and saw right away the clarity in the dashboard menus and how the text was much sharper and easier to read. Excited, I scrolled the menus left and right, only to notice something I hadn't before on my old T.V. . The menus seemed to blend together in an odd type of motion blur. "Surely this must be my imagination," I thought. Curious, I proceeded to search on Google to see if it truly was just my imagination, and sure enough, it wasn't. It seems to be a common problem to have motion blur in an LCD T.V. . For even more proof, I noticed that the blur had been negated on my older T.V. . I am now worried that maybe I made a mistake buying this monitor.

So, the question here is really just to help decide something that I'm having trouble deciding myself.

What would you do in this situation? Would you go back to the low resolution but bigger 4:3 SD T.V. or would you use the smaller 16:9 1080p LCD desktop monitor at the cost of having motion blur?
Also, this is the LCD monitor I have purchased.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009266&Tpk=g235h
@Answer 1

The only display devices I have are this monitor and my SD T.V. which is just about 4 feet to my right.

Also, 1080p won't make much of a difference on the current generation consoles but it does have an effect on PC gaming.



Answer
I can't go back to playing xbox on SD but I've never had a motion blur issue. Do you have any other monitors around? 720p and 1080p aren't particularly distinguishable.

HDTV vs LCD which should I buy in my situation....?




Johnny


Ok so I am looking for a monitor to use for playing a game on my computer. However, I would also like to have an hdtv monitor to play my Xbox 360 on from time to time. So, I started looking and lcds seem to be alot cheaper. I heard there is a Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV cable for about $40US. I am assuming from the comments this allows for HD with an LCD. Anyone know if I bought one of these and an LCD monitor if I would recieve the same clarity or definition as an HDTV?


Answer
Standard PC monitors have been capable of displaying HD quality resolutions for years before HD was the rage for TV.

The same goes for LCD monitors.

The issue I have is that the VGA HD/AV cable you are talking about might not be of the highest quality and therefore may effect the image quality some, but not much.

You might want to simply look into a LCD television. Most of these are fully capable of doubling as a PC monitor.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 23 inch 1080p LCD PC monitor vs (roughly) 35 inch SD T.V. for Xbox 360?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment