Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Where can I get the old windows 98 games?

best windows 98 gaming computer
 on ... Game Pad Gaming Controller Joystick Joypad For PC Computer Laptop
best windows 98 gaming computer image



SmittenKit


Does anyone remeber the old windows 98 games that came with the computer such as chip's challenge, tripeaks, that ski game where you have to run away from the abominable snow man, and that game where your a mouse and you have to trap all the cats in blocks? Is there a site where I can download all of those old games or maybe a CD I could by with those games? I have searched and searched and I can't find them.


Answer
I've been looking for these games for a while as well. I was able to find chip's challenge though. Just make sure that you extract all the files from the folder or you won't be able to play it.

How do I get a windows 98 game to run on my computer?




G G


I have a windows 98 ONLY game, simcity 3000, that i really want to play, but unfortunately, i have XP/vista nowadays, and it will not run. is there any way i can trick it into installing? the problem is when i try to istall it it can't find some componant or another, and wont complete installing, and in fact just freezes up. Any and all hep would be appreciated.


Answer
Try right clicking the shortcut of the game -> Properties -> Compatibility mode and try putting it into Windows 98 compatibility mode.

If that fails, try DOSBox. It's designed to run DOS based games (Windows 98 is DOS based with a graphical interface, 2000/NT/XP onwards are not DOS based), and it might work. It's open source and legally free to download.

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I get the old windows 98 games?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment