Saturday, November 30, 2013

How do I run two full screen applications simultaneously on dual monitors?

full gaming pc with monitor
 on Overall: The 2407WFP provides enough real estate to get a lot of work ...
full gaming pc with monitor image



GiantBeyer


I wanted to find out how I could run two full screen PC games at the same time, possibly using two sets of mice and keyboard.

The point of this is that I have 2 monitors and wanted to be able to do multiple things without having to minimize and switch between applications.
Specs:
AMD Phenom 9950 x4 Black Edition
6GB DDR2
500GB HDD
Nvidia GTX 260
Asus M3A78-T Motherboard



Answer
Dual core, Two video cards and a good operating system that allows you to assign processes to individual cores (XP SP2, Vista, Windows 7 if you are partial to Windows).

I can't speak for Linux, since I have never tried to use linux for a gaming PC.

You have to assign each game to a separate core and separate videocard, or they will slow each other down when one is active over the other.

It is easier just to get a second system and run a two port KVM to the second monitor so that you can run the second game on the second monitor. This will protect you from being taken out of both games when one game causes a BSOD or third party driver crash.

NOW, another solution is to run the less system demand intensive game on a Virtual Machine (Virtual PC , VMWare, etc) and move the Virtual Machine window onto the second monitor and Maximize it. Viola!

How do I choose which PC monitor games go full-screen in?




Alex


I have windows 7 64 bit and I want to play fallout 3 full-screen on my TV via HDMI cable. I have dual monitors set up but when I drag steam onto my TV screen and start up fallout there it still makes it full-screen on my laptop monitor. How do i fix it to where all games default to full-screen on my TV monitor?


Answer
There should be an option from your graphics card panel about monitor configuration or something similar.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I run two full screen applications simultaneously on dual monitors?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment