Saturday, November 16, 2013

Should I crossfire my PC setup, is it worth it?

gaming 3 monitor setup
 on ... Setup Xbox360 + Ps3 + Gaming Pc All On The Same 24 1080p Monitor H243h
gaming 3 monitor setup image



BigDog


I have a 3 monitor setup running in eyefinity on my Sapphire 6870 ATI video card. Should get another 6870 and crossfire, will I notice the performance. I can max out every game (except BF3 on ultra) My motherboard would be running one PCI-E at x16 and the other at x4.


Answer
the biggest drawback on your card is the 1gb vram reports has suggested vram usage of up to 1.8gb on 3 screens running bf3 on ultra which also took least 2 6950 2gb/gtx 570 2gb cards to achieve

What motherboard should I get for my pc?




Nathaniel


Hi,

I currently have an HP pavilion P6000 series PC that has an ACPI x64 motherboard and an Athlon II quad core 635 in it, as well as some other parts (i will list them as needed). I was wanting to upgrade the processor to an i5 or i7, but the x64 motherboard is preventing any Intel processors from being installed. So, i'm planning on upgrading that mobo, but i need to find one with the following:

-Compatible with an intel i5 or i7 cpu
-has DDR3 and dual-channel ram capabilities
-Has at least 2 PCI-Express ports on it (the more the merrier)
-Has a wireless card in it that can have an external antenna running out of the PC
-Has 6 or more USB 3.0 ports
-Has capabilities for a 3 monitor setup
-Needs to be same size as ACPI x64 mobo or smaller

So, my question is, are there any recommended motherboards out there that have all these capabilities? Thanks in advance!
-planning on upgrading this pc for gaming
-I currently have a 250 w power supply, but I plan on upgrading it to a 600 w or higher ps
-I also have an evga gtx 550 ti graphics card waiting to be put in
-I'm needing a motherboard that can handle 2 of these cards
-I plan on installing a new copy of windows 7
-the 2+ slots need to be pci-express



Answer
New motherboard=new windows load. OEM license(Product Key) is tied to your current motherboard. The motherboard you describe costs more than your pc is worth today. Unless there were prior upgrades, taking a bad computer case, power supply, and trying to buy a high performance motherboard and cpu. Is this for gaming? The graphics card is more important.
Wireless on a motherboard is a very high end feature. It is added with a $10 card. Do you mean 2 pci Express, or SLI capable? Graphics cards are about 3 monitor setups, not motherboards.

Why don't you take a step back, instead of asking about expensive motherboards, and tell us each of the parts you have today, and what you are trying to accomplish in a function for the PC?

How about the MSI Z87 MPower, to keep it reasonable in cost.
Haswell i5+i7, Wireless module included plugs in the back, 6 USB3 ports in back, plus the case one, SLI Compatible with 3 slots, 2 at x8,x8, lots more features.
http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z87-MPOWER-MAX.html#overview
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z87mpower
$200 is a bargain.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I crossfire my PC setup, is it worth it?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment