Thursday, November 21, 2013

When playing video games, do plasma HDTVs have noticeably less input lag and motion blur compared to LCD HDTVs?

gaming monitor no input lag
 on ... most input lag before we leave the computer: the graphics hardware
gaming monitor no input lag image



Anonymous


Currently on my LCD (1080p, 120hz) there is noticeable input lag from when I press a button and the action happening on screen.

Also, during fast paced action (namely rotating my view) the screen gets excessively blurry and I can't find objects that I'm looking for.



Answer
The screen doesn't have anything to do with lag. That would be your console. It is like a computer. The monitor does nothing but project the picture, and if the internet is not loading fast, that is the tower, not the screen.

How can I make my monitor work normally for a video game?




Jordan


Hi, I have a 22.5 Inch monitor that I use for my laptop that I hook up to dual screen. I want too play World of Warcraft on it. It works fine and all, but when im on the screen kinda is delayed somewhat. Like when I move my camera it feels like it is really slow and just harder to control then my normal screen. I think it might be a resolution type deal. Can anyone help me out?


Answer
That would be input lag, not really much you can usually do about it.
If theres any post processing effects on the display then turn them off (though usually you only find them in TVs)
definetely set resolution to the maximum of the monitor (or the scaling chip has to scale it before it is displayed)
other than that there aint anything else to do, if thats still not to your satisfaction then you either gotta deal with it or get a new monitor with less input lag.


oh and try setting the refresh rate to 60 if you have it on 75Hz for some monitors with pixel overvolting to reduce the response time 75Hz really messes things up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: When playing video games, do plasma HDTVs have noticeably less input lag and motion blur compared to LCD HDTVs?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment