Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How do you hook up an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor through hdmi?

gaming monitor component
 on Examples of smaller sizes (designed pixel by pixel)
gaming monitor component image



me


I have an ASUS monitor with an hdmi port. My Xbox 360 is plugged into the monitor with this hdmi cable, and plugged into the power supply. When I turn on the monitor and the Xbox, the monitor says "out of range". What do I do?
Yes, the Xbox is the only thing plugged into the monitor besides the power cable. The screen reads "out of range" when both the monitor and Xbox are turned on.



Answer
I'm not sure why your monitor is saying "out of range", but I have a couple guesses. One thing I am certain about is "Xbox is putting out component video on it's HDMI port" is not possible. HDMI is a very specific protocol of digital signals, while Component is composed of very incompatible analog signals - any HDMI port putting out a Component signal is HIGHLY DEFECTIVE.
What I think it could be: You didn't mention model # of your Asus, but some have multiple inputs, just like TVs. Are you on the correct one? If that's not it, then -
On the Settings/Setup button/s and on-screen menu, is there a way to change resolution? I couldn't find a reference online to this problem with XBox 360, but several discussions of PS3 "out of range" issues on Asus monitors had to do with game settings of 1920X1200 instead of 1920X1080 - can this be your issue? See if you can pick another setting. Here is one discussion that leads me to these conclusions (see about 2/3 down the page reference to Asus 24"):

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/329054-33-asus-24inch-monitor-range-native-resolution

If none of this fixes your issue, write back with Additional Details of what you did and what results you got, and we'll go from there, OK? Good luck!

Can too much of web browser game dstroy your graphic card?







My brothers monitor wont turn on and they say its because of a fried graphic card, is it because of Runescape?


Answer
No. The software game your running is just drawing complex pictures on the screen using the video card.

The Monitor could have failed or the Video Card could have failed.
A video card will be cheaper to replace than a Monitor.

Video Cards and Monitors are electronic components.
They can fail/die just as easily as a CD player or DVD Player or TV.

I recommend getting a surge suppressor (6 outlet strip) and make sure your computer and monitor are plugged into it once it is repaired.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you hook up an Xbox 360 to a computer monitor through hdmi?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment