Saturday, November 16, 2013

can you run a monitor thru hdmi and have dvi split to two monitors running at the same time?

gaming monitor displayport
 on 2014 Benq Gaming Monitor Xl2720t : Gadget
gaming monitor displayport image



al3x_ex


I am building a new computer the gpu i am getting is a gtx 780 my questions is can i have one monitor running thru hdmi. And have a dvi to 2 female vga with all three monitors running at the same time. The hdmi will be for gaming while the other two will be for music and internet explorer to pull up stuff when im stuck in the game and need help.??


Answer
GTX 780 supports 3 monitors, but not with VGA unless you try DisplayPort adapters. DVI is digital, VGA is analog.
"Only one of these video cards is necessary to drive triple-displays and NVIDIA 3D-Vision Surround functionality, when using both DL-DVI and either the HDMI or DP connection for third output." http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1144&Itemid=72&limit=1&limitstart=1
There is a question about 3 displays--Surround tech links all three together into a triple wide single image. You want three images, all for different functions.

Performance drop when not connected to a monitor for my laptop?




Jarrod


Dell XPS 17
Nvidia 630M

Hi guys whenever I seem to have my minute connected to my laptop I never have a problem playing games and whatnot if my comp can handle it. But whenever I disconnect it I get near game breaking performance decreases. For example I will play minecraft with it connected at good settings and when I disconnect it I have to put everything to low in order for it to be playable. What is going on here this doesn't make much sense :/



Answer
http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-l702x/pd.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ST=dell%20xps%2017&dgc=ST&cid=245436&lid=4221984&acd=sDUXthY1y says:
Your laptop has two video system chipsets:
Internal to the Intel I7 or I5 CPU is a GPU with somewhat decreased video capabilities. It runs the LCD panel attached to the KB and chassis or the DisplayPort.
On the MB is an Nvidia 630M with advanced video capabilities. It runs the DisplayPort.
The games sense which video system is used to display it, so the delivery of graphics is adjusted to best suit that video system. There may be an override setting to adjust for better results on the laptop's panel.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can you run a monitor thru hdmi and have dvi split to two monitors running at the same time?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment